This is the homework given yesterday in the class. It is due on 24th February if tomorrow is a holiday. Otherwise it will be due on 25th (Friday)
IISH - Grade 5 - HW notes - 21st February, 2011 – Due on 24th February 21, 2011
Math: Create a story problem with fractions. It must include all four basic operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Use the previous math worksheets for reference. Also solve the problem with the help of either pictures or manipulative (paper strips, sticks, blocks, etc.)
English: Read Chapters 5, 6 and 7 of the novel. Update your dictionary. Write a summary of the entire chapter (altogether) in your novel study notebook.
English/UOI: Etymology: Create a Crossword puzzle of at least 15-20 words. The clues must be the origin of the words. Make it as challenging as possible. Use the place at the bottom and the flip side.
UOI: Unit reflection - At least four pages – To be typed (Font: Arial, Size: 12). They will be printed in school. Comment on:
* Your "big understanding" from the unit
* Few of your discoveries
* Your inquiry process in the unit - How did you learn whatever you learnt?
* Likes and dislikes in the unit.
* What would you want to further inquire about?
* How did you use the IB Learner Profile and the attitudes in the unit? (Listed in the Scool diary)
* What action would you like to take to take as a result of your learning?
Organize you text by using topics/subtopics.
** The student folders were not sent home the previous week due to Indus Day rehearsal. They will be sent home this weekend. Reminder: Bring back the ACER trial assessments for Math and English
Websites for online crossword puzzles:
Videos watched in class:
Websites for finding word origins: