Total Pageviews

27 August, 2010

27th August

We revised number systems in math today. We looked into conversions in Hexa - Decimal, Octal and Binary numbers.

The children watched the movie 'Fame' today. This was about how people express themselves through Dance, Dance and Music. It linked very well with our unit of inquiry.

Unfortunately, the day ended a little abruptly as some children were late from a Football match. Due to this, I was unable to explain the home work to the children. Here is an explanation for the same. You can still call/email me for further queries.

Math: Assessment on Monday. Refer the worksheets given earlier. It will be very simple one. Revision was done in class today. The children are thorough with the concept.

UOI: The children have been asked to interview 20 different people about how they express themselves (Speech, Dance, Drama, etc.). The students have to then represent this data in the form any graph.

English: Based on the book the children have read, the children need to do activities given in the reading bingo (Bingo is a game where you form lines through the blocks in any direction; here, since there are 9 blocks, you need to form 3 lines - that will be a minimum of 7 activities). This is due on 31st September (Tuesday)

I hope this will help you all to get a clearer picture. Please feel free to get in touch with me any time.

2 comments:

Satish Patil said...

My child asked for help on his assignment on Hexa system. I have not learnt it so could not help him. Would it be possible to send his textbook home for me to give it a shot

Archana said...

Mr. Patil, we use text books only reference and not for the entire content that we teach. The Hexa Decimal numbers are not in any of the Grade 5 books. This was topic I chose to do as the children were finding Place Value 'too easy' and as a teacher I wanted to challenge their thinking abilities. The children have revised this topic with me in the class and Aditya is able to write the Hexa decimal numbers now. However, there isn't anything to worry about if he is finding it 'tough'. It is only the thought process that matters here. If you still are interested in the topic, you may Google it and many tutorials are available online; let me know if there is anything more I can do..